All children who are in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (Key Stage 1) are entitled to a free school meal irrespective of parental circumstances. This means that if you have a child in these years they may have a hot meal from school.
Free school meals may be available if parents receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods),
- Income Support, income-based
- Jobseeker's Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance,
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190,
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Read more about Free School Meals on the Birmingham Council website.
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) then you can apply online by clicking the link below: