Heath Mount Primary School's Acceptable Use Policy
Pupils are permitted to use Heath Mount Primary School’s IT systems on the following conditions:
- I will only use school ICT systems, including the internet, e-mail, digital video, mobile technologies, purple mash, myOn, G Suite etc. for school purposes.
- I will not download or install software on school technologies.
- I will only log on to the school network, online services, e.g. G Suite, purple mash, myOn, etc. with my own user name and password.
- I will follow the school’s ICT security system and not reveal my passwords to anyone and change them regularly.
- I will only use my school e-mail address.
- I will make sure that all ICT communications with pupils, teachers, or others are appropriate, responsible and sensible.
- I will follow Heath Mount Primary School’s safeguarding, behaviour and anti-bullying policy to ensure my behaviour remains respectful at all times whilst engaging in online learning activities or using Heath Mount Primary School’s IT systems.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using the Internet. This includes the resources I access and the language I use online.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload, or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material I will report it immediately to my teacher.
- I will ensure that my online activity, both in school and outside school, will not cause my school, the staff, pupils, or others distress or bring them into disrepute.
- I will support the school’s approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds, or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community.
- I will respect the privacy and ownership of others’ work online at all times.
- I will not attempt to bypass the internet filtering system.
- I understand that all my use of the Internet and other related technologies can be monitored and logged and can be made available on request to teachers.
- I understand and agree to the school’s online protocols.
- I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if they are not followed, school sanctions will be applied and my parent/carer will be contacted.